Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sugababes in Romania


I was minding my own business yesterday, working really hard (chatting on msn with a friend) when two of my colleagues approached me with a proposition....Lets go watch sugababes in concert....ever so casually. Does anyone realise what a big fan I am? Yes I am, bite me. I think the girls have great voices, all one hundred of them who have been in the group and it was a chance to see the new girl and what she had to offer.

When we got to the concert...pause...Nigerians need to take a cue from Romanians because everyone went as they were, no fancy dressing up etc because its just a concert! Anyway there were a few Romanian gigs before the girls came on and I completely understood what it felt like for foreigners when Dbanj et all performed before Beyonce and Jay-z at the Thisday concert lol! I didn't gerrrit but it was fun.

Keisha Buchanan, Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah, did not disappoint and I think the new girl, Amelle has a smashing voice! Its too hot. In another life, I could have been a lesbian I tell you. They performed most of my favourite songs and I would have loved to hear soul sound or promises but I guess they have many more preferred sounds now. Anyway they ended with 'About you now' and its crazy the things you do when you hang with Caucasians. I was jumping like an idiot. It was a good work out anyway.

So that's impromptu things can be over here I guess.

Life after the detox: I have no interest in certain foods anymore. After seeing crap come out of you, you'll definitely be more careful about what you eat. I've been eating veggies and fruit and have adopted the healthy habit of breakfast smoothies with all natural fruits and veg. Its delicious and good for you. There are several recipes on the web so try one out tomorrow morning. All you need are some fruits and/or veggies, some honey and a blender.

Picture from:http://diana-box.blogspot.com/2008/05/sugababes-in-romania.html

17 comments:

bumight said...

fruits and veggies are definitely healthy. later on, can you post like a 'reasonable" example of what breakfast, lunch and dinner is now? i say reasonable cos u know how naija pple are with food, and i'm naija o!

PS: some of us blog-stalk from work, so when we have music playing from the blogs....lol! (u get the idea now)

Miss Opeke said...

I have always been a big fan of Sugarbabes...and I think they have an amazing voice.

Sweetcakes said...

lol @ jumping like an idiot. lolllll...but i truly dont understand why naija people be dressing up to concerts. The things we do. lol

princesa said...

I need to go on a detox diet too. Will read ur previous posts to see how.
Cheers.

Aijay said...

I love the Sugarbabes and I'm not afraid to say it. lol.
They sing really well and their songs are just so catchy.

Ms. Catwalq said...

I love me some sugababes with all their wahala. Their drama pass destiny's child sef...

and they always look hot.
look at those shoes

Unknown said...

hi tminx.How u doin?Just want you to know i like ur blog.The 1st i read, more like a door way to blogsville.Takia

Cheetarah said...

OMG Tminx I just got their album change for 17euros(even i cant believe i paid)lol! But it has every song, overload,easy, too losst, push the button denial!!!! Love it! and to think im ashamed to admit i like them,lol! U shd totally get it!!if u were nearby and let u burn it!

As to dressing up, abeg i love the way 9ja dress up bo,it give occasion meaning, same as jand people but wea i dey now..hmm New Year party was just so plain, i was over dressed sef with my plain work satin dress,lol!

Anonymous said...

maybe i should do this detoxing thing!

Engee said...

started d detox thingy. have survived two days.....constipated on 2 day cos i dint take d senna tea last night.

couldn't get the maple syrup any where so i settled for honey. keepin my fingers crossed on d remaining eight....

Uzo said...

Blogger just ate my comment

Anonymous said...

???? You are back blogging? How come i did not get the memo....

Zena said...

Inlove w/sugababes,

I love soulsound as well, I wonder if Amelle will last, u have to admit they switch 'em round too much.

I don't understand dat aspect of nigerians either, I went in '06 to the movies, wearing a tank top and jeans shorts and I swear I felt like a housegirl fresh from the village

really, give us some tips on the breakfast thing cos I don't eat breakfast, at best I take just a yoghurt and dats it

Vera Ezimora said...

It's nice how you were working hard.... chatting on MSN.

Mad gal!

Smaragd said...

Taureanminx, did u read my comment on ur last post? pls do and pls respond, pretty please with two dozen veggies and fruits on top!*wink*

I've been reading up on the master cleanse and i'm kinda interested (except i'll probably "disappear" after the fast ...lol), the major problem is getting organic maple syrup in naija...

Anonymous said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL 08 is coming soon..please check my blog for more details

uNWrItten* said...

haha i remember sugababes from when i was yunger in naija..awww