Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How Adverts/Commercials can be deceiving!

When I got to Romania, this was the first Ad I saw on TV. I was so excited...people danced on the streets! And for no apparent reason! You know I'm a great dancer so I was ready to go out there to booogy down. I put on my dancing shoes and ran out to the center and was suprised by the silence. There happened to be hundreds of policemen all satring at my lovely shoes. Alas Bush had also just arrived for the Nato conference so I think he ordered to Romanians to stop dancing on the streets. That is the only conclusion I can draw.



Then I saw this next ad and knowing Romanians are hospitable, seeing as this guy came allll the way to welcome his new neighbours, I waited and waited for my neighbour to bring me delicious pie. I waited till I was on the brink of death.....



Lol, this is another ad that haunts me in the middle of the night. WTH is this child singing like that in the background. It reminds me of all those horror movie sound tracks from when we were young. Very eerie.



All failed, I couldn't dance, was hungry and scared but this ad made me chuckle.



I can't wait to go on my break on saturday! Have a great week all.

Mwah!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back gurl!

Vera Ezimora said...

Lemme go read & watch. I was hoping I'd be first. *sobs*

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL

That last commercial was hilarious!!! Did they actually play that on TV? American TV will never play that one oo. LOL. That was sooo funny!

As they say, ignorance is bliss

TMinx said...

@inuke, thanks :)
@Vera, lol, pele. I don't know if that one was played on tv but it was on some Romanian guys youtube page...its so wrong!

Ms. Catwalq said...

I am going to jump to the conclusion that you are back.
Are you going to register for the new Academie series or do I have to cast you in an unflattering light....

what goes into a Romanian pie?

Anonymous said...

I admit it, I love (harmless) sarcasm, and yours with your deadpan delivery has me laughing. Very funny! Thanks.

temmy tayo said...

Lol at Vera. Ignorance is bliss true (rolling eyes) at least the as made my boring evening.

timmy said...

lol..the commercials were funny sha

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bella Naija said...

Awww..
I am really feeling ur pain as per Romania. Hope you are leaving there soon.
Brave of u to go there sha.
I tried the 'compliment' meme last weekend and i think i complimented one person. Told her that her shoes were nice....

have a great weekend anyways

Mari said...

OMG....you went to Romania? I lived there for like yrs. Would definitely buy me a home there if and when I can afford more than 1 house. Hope you liked it out there!

Mari said...

ps. I forgot to ask...I'm guessing you are in Bucharest since you mentioned the subway. How long are you going to be there for? If you'd like I can give you names of places to meet other foreigners and Nigerians... my sister is still out there even. Let me know!
mareepossa@gmail.com

Unknown said...

lol.... love the last commercial...
happy belated birthday!