Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shopping in Romania

Finally I left my house. It almost felt like I was abandoning her...because we had been alone together for so long. Its sad but my daily routine is as follows. When I am done with work, I come straight home with the subway, make dinner, watch my super sweet 16 on MTV...Pause....are those girls really really kidding me? What are sixteen year olds doing with BMW's and Jaguars? I'm sure they return it right after MTV packs up their camera's. In fact its on right now, Tianna has just come to give out her invites in an ice cream truck, her voice is sexy though. Oh my she got her dress custom made and it looks like a poofy lollipop. The show is perplexing but fun to watch for want of something to watch that I can actually understand the language....Unpause....After that I watch Medium, I have truly fallen in love with this show and then I may choose to watch CNN or other CSI-like shows that follow while I chat, facebook, and/or write. SAD. I know.

So anyway, this week I finally made friends with this Romanian girl and I think she thinks I am a weirdo because she asked what I have been doing for three weeks and I said...nothing really. I don't think she really understood what I meant. 'NATHINGGG?? What do you mean nothing??'
Yeah her very words. So she has taken pity on me, a sad African child who only goes out to buy groceries. This weekend, I have been taken to a bar, gone swimming, eaten out and gone shopping. Nothing of which I have done in three whole weeks apart from a short break last weekend outside Romania. But leaving my flat wasn't funny. I felt serious withdrawal symptoms and I know she felt abandoned. Poor thing.

Apparently I have free membership to the gym where we went swimming..who knew, at least I can entertain myself with that. Shopping was fun, I broke all my promises to myself and had to purchase something. Its just the right thing to do. Anyway I saw this dress and wanted to know what you guys thought...A Yes or a No



I didn't buy it because I hate buying on impulse and I had already done that before getting to this store. I love the yellow though. Wait oh..as in really this Tainnas party is fun oh, I wouldn't mind shaking my tail feather with them.

Its back to work tomorrow...blahhhhhhhh.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!!super sweet sixteen!a lot of those kids are so obnoxious!gosh!

Lowla said...

Hahaha.. If you like the dress and you really need it, get it. That's how I question myself when I'm caught up with impulse buying.

Once you get out and break that "jinx" of sitting home, get a map, walk and discover the city more.:)

TMinx said...

@pink satin, they sure are. It can be quite entertaining to watch.
@lee, I like it...don't know about needing it though lol. I will explore some more, definitely.

LondonBuki said...

Heyyy :-)

How about this - wear the dress and get someone to take a picture... Right now I can't imagine what it would look like on you.

LondonBuki said...

Oh... and how much was it?

TMinx said...

Do you like it on the Manequinne my friend!

LondonBuki said...

It's just 'there' on the mannequin... I want to see what it looks like on you!

TMinx said...

@LB Lol, I will try it on if I go back to the store. Sheesh. I see u corrected my spelling...merci

Afrobabe said...

The dress is lovely...

i also buy on impulse but heck we only live once and wont go with the money...

zaiprincesa said...

wait...t-minx is really back to blogging???...yay!!!...*doing a little dance*..lol..ok, the dress is cute....and yellow is sooooo in this summer...so if the price tag is reasonable, then i'll say go for it...and since i know what u look like in person...hehehe...i know it'll look great on u...have a fablous week...

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

buy the dress jo, i like it and think will look nice on u.

dont even get me started on those super sweet sixteen pikins!!!

Cheetarah said...

Hey you
1 ur back? funny enuff i tot of blogging again 2day and i come across u!must be a sign,lol! Nah!
Romania huh? if they ever send u to where i am holla, its I need more black peeps:)

Nwanyi Ocha said...

YES YES AND YES TO THE DRESS

IT LOOKS F.A.B!!!!

SUPER 16 - WHERE DO I START? MUTE IT SOMETIMES CAUSE I CAN'T BEAR TO HEAR WHAT THEY'R SAYING....

AND STILL I WATCH....

Nwanyi Ocha said...

ohh ohhh... forgot to say ... lolol... only buy if within budget...

fabulousity has it's price....

Anonymous said...

Yes Ms. Tminx,

…Greeting’z sista!!...Hoping I don’t jinx it with my yarns but ‘nuff commendations on your constant updates (photoblog n’all)… keep ‘em coming sista; after your hiatus our parched minds need drenching…

…loving the comedic and satiric (hmm! tew much grammar) twist to your posts as well :)…”a sad African child who only goes out to buy groceries”…tew mad!!…trusss mi sista!! these occurrences are common at certain points in life…back-to-back Caribbean holidays on an express train to you soon!!...

…a la' "sexzy lady in a lil' Yellow number" coming to a town near you...I’m a BIG fan of Ms. LB (whatever she say’s is gospel…so better heed her advice)…!!...'nuff props on the post(s) again!!

Peeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaacccccccceeee!!
C!!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I love the color yellow! And, I can't believe I haven't been here in ages. Hope all is well!

TMinx said...

@afrobabe, lol, I know right?
@zaiprinsessa, have a fab week too!@36, most of them are so self-contained lol. Yeah I just might.
@cheeterah, no problem but this is my last stop! Amen
@Nwanyi Ocha, thanks lol. The price is reasonalble.
@C, I'm glad you appreciate my dry humour lol. It is the fault of my mother and her sisters...and AMEN to the caribbean holidays. You are a big fan of LB? Tell me more lets get this thing rolling! Lol
@Slolmonsydelle, I'm good. Hope you are too!

La Reine said...

Cute dress.

Smaragd said...

u are a Taurus! yay!, when exactly's ur bday?

this dress totally rocks!u are a minx now, u shld know. and i'd buy it in a heartbeat if i saw it(if i have the money sha),seriously.

thanx for stopping by mine and warm cyberhugs to ur apartment...lol

what's working in Romania like?
super sweet 16? no way!

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Ok lovy how much is it? that would determine buying on impulse for me, cos if its less than say $40.00 then even if u dont wear it u wont feel bad. Its nice and cute though. I like the fact that its short!

Buy it and you can give it to your sister if u realise u dont need it.


Ermm alone in a new city! i will face book and gym too, then do the whole tourist thing in and outside of the country.

temmy tayo said...

Please buy the dress and send to me.Thank you. I wear size 8. Merci.

How I wish I don't buy on impulse,maybe it is a disease....

Anonymous said...

Oh...i have a friend in Romania, h e is a medical student doe...but he can rock..and (naija too) what you thinK?

You boring days might just be over!

let me know!

TMinx said...

OM email me details on taureanminx@yahoo.com.

Aijay said...

I like the dress...

Naapali said...

If the dress fits you that snugly buy it, borrow it, steal it do whatever but just get it.