Thursday, July 03, 2008

Swimming-Karaoke

I can swim but I can't float. I swim from on end of the pool the the other end...no in-betweens. If you threw me in the middle of a river, I would have to swim till I was tired and then well..sink! So I've been trying to learn how to float and tread water and its no easy task. Does anyone have any tips?

It will soon be time for me to return home and I have no idea what I want to do, what role I want to return to, or if I even want to return to any role. I've been pondering with no success. I'm praying for God to lead me.

We had our summer party last week and there were several competitions... One was Karaoke and I have a question for you guys...what do you think my fellow colleagues were singing?



All I could say was WAAAAAOOOOOOOOO! not wow...WAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As usual I have a new picture up today on my photoblog. Enjoy!

9 comments:

LondonBuki said...

It's gorra be Shaggy - Boombastic (or whatever the song's called)

LondonBuki said...

I will not laugh at YOUR country folk!

I will not...

L-O-.... NO!

TMinx said...

LOL!

Sonshine said...

Mr. BOMBASTIC!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol!!!i have no idea what they were singing!!at least u can swim from one end of d pool to another...me non of d above

keep praying for guidance me i still dont know what i want to do with my life!!!

Anonymous said...

Fat floats, muscle sinks, so if you haven't the technique to tread water, then you will have to become Rubenesque. It is probably easier to float on your back, using just small back-and-forth hand motions with your arms at your side, than it is to tread water upright, which requires much more energy, especially for the lean.

TMinx said...

@Eniola, lol, it is
@pink-satin, no problem!
@Patrice...Hiii! I guess... but then all those water polo players and synchronised swimmers, they all float and they are not fat. You are right, I have no problems floating on my back. Its treading thats the issue. I shall keep on trying.

Anonymous said...

i thot i was the only one..when i tell people i can swim but not float, a get a 'crazy' look...pls tell how u err fix it :)

bumight said...

i can float in the shallow end, lol! ok, I can tread on my back but im too scared to try it in the deep end