Monday, May 21, 2007

MAD


I haven't blogged in a while because I spent the last week on a course at IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland. Sweden is up there somewhere next to Finland and Norway and Switzerland is that green spot in the middle of the yellow at the bottom, next to France. The week was tedious, talking about telecoms 24/7. I know I’m in this industry but could I at least have a break? I learnt a lot though, got a great overview and did several use cases so it was good in that way. The weekend was even more interesting. First of all, Friday night, I went to club called MAD. And that’s exactly what it was…MAD. Three floors of MADNESS and MAD techno music, some of which I liked. The IMD course was designed for the program I am on and so all my 21 colleagues were there. All are from various parts of the world. It was a fun night. I had several out of body experiences, looking at the scene and saying this would never go down in Bacchus...WHAT! I would be jamming to 'this is why I’m hot, this is why I’m hot' or 'Yeparipa SAMBORIBOBO' not 'boom boom boom boom boom boom with no particular lyrics. Lord the things I have to do as a global worker.

The next day I did some touristy things. I went to see a castle in Montreux.....Chateau de Chillion, an hour away from Lausanne. It has quite an interesting history.

Then I went to Geneva, also an hour away from Lausanne and actually where the airport is, so it was convenient to catch my flight the next night. I spent the rest of the weekend there with an awesome Senegalese lass, K, who I met through my friends back home in Nigeria (I miss you guys :)). We decided to watch a movie then go for drinks that evening. We ended up walking around the whole of Geneva ( I have never walked as much as I did that entire week) looking for a cinema showing an interesting movie in English, everything was in French even the English movies and series on TV had voice overs. You should have heard the voices for Rachael and Ross in Friends. We finally found one showing La Faille...Fracture I think its called in English. Anthony Hopkins was really cute in the movie oh lollll! We moved on to a bar called Duplex and yes the music was fantastic. I also met K's friends and these girls are really different from Nigerian girls. There was no form of posing oh, see us getting down like there was no tomorrow. Loved it! Its all love my naija gals.

You guys, there is a sexy Swedish guy in my group oh. God forbid if any one of my colleagues reads this. I deny it in advance people. The boy is hot…WHAT! But see we from other countries moved to Sweden while the Swedish peeps have gone on to their countries for the 6 months. I will only get to see him whenever we get together like this for courses during the year. The professor told us that a study was done and the results indicated that students paid attention during he first day of class and then got more distracted as the days went by. He said by the fourth day, students paid attention for only about 10 mins before they started taking flights of fancy and daydreaming about their wildest fantasies. See me saving this boys life and him being eternally grateful to me looking at me with his adoring blue eyes. The professor was so right! And he actually mentioned that after I had had a series of daydreams. I was like, so I’m normal…its been researched.

Anyhoo, I am back in good old Sweden…Got back at 1am last night due to delayed flights from Geneva and the connecting flight… and I must say, I missed my quiet studio. I'm leaving work early today because I am one person and I am tired.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

First!!!!!!!!!

I can't even be bothered to log on. i

I am first!

low said...

same here...
i cant be bothered..
but im 2nd
HA!

OH I GUESS IM SIGNED ON ALREADY

Anonymous said...

Ok, I read it! LOL!

You're really having a good time! I am so happy for you.

As for the Swedish chap, you know you are just making noise... do something first then get back to us!

P.S. LOL @ Low.

TMinx said...

@LB, Firsters club.
@Low, hi boo, I hope you shopped for me@LB, again, yes I am finally settling in although that was Swzerland not Sweden. I have high hopes for this place.

TMinx said...

I meant to say Switzerland....and you just wait till I have some scandanavian babies with blue eyes.

Dimples said...

Oh how sweetie Love in the country of Ikea...totally agree with LondonBuki..holla @ us when it becomes seriously..will u sudden have the urge to learn the language...or better still meet his family...then you can produce those blue-eyed Scandanavian babies u have always dreamt of.

You madam seem to be turning into some sort of globetrotter o..abeg any space in your suitcase??

Mari said...

TM, I really do envy you right now. You are having so much fun with the job. Thats so not fair!

Miss Opeke said...

At least, now I also know what I feel is not abnormal...[daydreaming and so on...]
All I can say, TaureanMinx have all the fun you can now that you are still single...

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

seems like you're having loads of fun.... it would be nice if you could hook up with the swede for beeter or worse, or maybe the senegalese?? Anyhow, have fun girl, all the best...

TMinx said...

@Dimples, you ppl are trying me oh!And of course there is always space for you sweetie!
@Mari, I realised I have to make my own fun...anywhere you are...
@9jaopeke, thanks I intend to :)
@Nyemoni, thanks ;) or maybe yet a Nigerian lol..hope you are good

? said...

Lucky you, having a lot of fun!

I am still searching for a trip that will be the most fruitful of all my journeys overseas.

I fell in love with switzerland at the age of 12 visiting on holiday with my late dad. We stayed with in Geneva, between the Alps and the Jura mountains.

btw: as you are in sweden and finland closeby, you may need to pay a visit to the north of Finland in the summer. cos there is a part where the the sun does not set for 73 days. if you love travelling and seeing new places, you sure will love this.

see you around.

Anonymous said...

taurean, what exactly do u do profession wise and how comes ur in sweden?

Anonymous said...

u sure did have fun!lol at the french rachel and ross voice

loomnie said...

Tm, sounds like you are really having fun! I have never been to Switzerland, but I plan to go there, probably sometime later this year. And yea, The Pseudo-Independent is right, you might want to go see the midnight sun sometime between June and mid-July. You don't have to go as far as Finland though, you'll find the same conditions in Kiruna, north of Sweden. But if you are in the habit of counting the number of countries you've visited - a habit of which I am guilty - you might want to visit Finland anyway. A boat cruise from Stockholm is not a bad idea, and it is not so expensive; I've done it myself. :)

By the way, thanks for checking my blog.

Idemili said...

I'm adding you to my list. When is the next instalment of 'Collard Greens' girl? LOL

Uzo said...

Hmm...Sounds like tiring fun...keep it coming

Anonymous said...

I will report you to Babaalaye!

MissyC

temmy tayo said...

I dont want any baby with blue eyes o. For where? As usual London Buki is first, i will never stop beefing her!

Nilla said...

Are you sure you're not having too much fun Missy? lol.

I would've been daydreaming too :-)

lol @ Missyc's comment.

Mimi said...

sounds like fun :) meanwhile i see you put your number on your profile.this woman, you are not scared of stalkers???????or your friends arent calling you as much as you'd like :)

Azuka said...

Blogger swallowed my long comment I posted some hours ago :-( !

Get all the fun you can though!

BabaAlaye said...

Wow! Looks like you're having a lotta fun.Don't let me vex for you o. Which kain Oyinbo Albino dey give you eye ehn?

Unknown said...

Have fun - Sweden, Switzerland...

Unknown said...

Did I hear you say Anthony Hopkins was hot ... hun, he's like 1000 years old! Lol, it's okay, I have a crush on Richard Gere.

You sound like you're having a really great experience, it might be tiring and stuff but you're getting me meet cool people and more importantly cute guys!

Make sure you keep us updated the next time you bump into mickey blue eyes ... and make sure you talk to him!

Suby said...

You having way too much fun girl :d

Suby

Aramide said...

wow ive missed so much :-/

ure the on e balling xx

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Take your time to soak in the culture. I can see you are thoroughly having a fab time. The worst is time does go very quickly, I wish you the very best out. Im secretly jealous, I would rather swap my nation for a nation where most of the population speak english. Its no fun being the only one that spoke a language. LOL.

Noella said...

Hey,sounds like you're having a great time, have fun.....

Funmi said...

i'm sitting at my workstation green with envy...