Thursday, November 02, 2006

Insight To My Life

Gud Dag!

My training week is finally coming to an end! Thank God cos I am exhausted. We are out at 7 and don't get back till at least 10pm.

Its snowing here in Sweden, can you believe it? The snow was unexpected and its been so comical. We were going somewhere outside stockholm on a bus when it started snowing and because the country was ill prepared, all the cars were slipping and sliding. Apparently people slept in their cars cos the couldn't get off the highway. We were lucky enough to stop by a train station and we took the train instead. We finally got home at 12 midnight. Its -2 and the floor is so slippery. My boots have no grips, its lucky I haven't fallen flat on my face yet. But its so beautiful!

Everyone speaks english here and right now I'm watching CSI NY in english subtitled in Swedish.

Shopping is a NO NO. Everything here is freaking expensive, even the food but man has got to eat. Its 1 dollar to 7 swedish kroners and I haven't spotted any poor people yet. Seems like this is an ideal country to belong to. Education is free till 18 and the get paid well.

I'll post some pics on Ofoto soon. It gets lonely in this damn hotel sometimes. Why don't I have some young man to talk to at times like these??? Being single can be such a pain sometimes! Enjoy the weekend all.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Taurean!
Sweden is beautiful from what I have heard!
Wow, ur training sounds really tedious! I guess all for the best..
Anyways, girl...lookin forward to seeing the photos!

Anonymous said...

Dag, Bella beat me to it..lol..E ya...pls take lots of pictures...AND SPLURGE ON A PAIR OF BOOTS MAMI!..lol..Have fun if u can,..especially with all the work u r doing. Stay blessed and enjoy the rest of ur stay in sweden, Taurean!

low said...

DO U HAVE A JACKET BABY????????? NO FROSTBITE OH...MISS U MUAAAHH

Anonymous said...

Hey, pad up darling.We don't want you down and flat sneezing!
Sweden can be chilly. Have been there for holiday once and men, things are quite expensive. But it is a beautiful country, i give them kudos for the facilities they have in place.

Uzo said...

Wow. Have some fun for us and do get some sensible boots. LOL. Falling in snow is so unpleasant and pain kicks in after u begin to thaw. Personal experience from too many falls in Chicago...

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are loving the place. Freaking snow mehn!!! I'm sure you can tell I'm not that great of a fan. But will love to see pics. Take care love.

Mari said...

ohhhh goodluck with the whole training. Sorry about the weather though. I totally know where you are coming from so keep warm.

Cant wait to see pictures...gosh I miss europe sooo much and am not talking about jand.

nosa101 said...

I wish I was Swedish

LondonBuki said...

Hey TM,

Take care and I am really happy for you... I am at an internet cafe and I am freezing so I gotta run.

Have a nice weekend :-)

xxx

Anonymous said...

Sweets,
I'm so happy for you. It's great that you're loving the place, you're gonna have to be there for a while in'it.

Please get some decent boots, I couldn't bear the thought of having to scrape pieces of that delicately beautiful face off of some snowy sidewalk.

Being single can be a pain? Don't I know it, but you know, you can always call me...lol. I'll serenade you all through the night.

Pretty makes the day go faster said...

Congrats on the new job, also looking fwd to seeing those pictures

Anonymous said...

Snow? I don't envy you. Hope your training is going well...looking forward to the pics !!

Anonymous said...

hi
try and see abba.they r wedish abi?i heard they are sweden's f
greatest export.enjoy ya sef

Anonymous said...

meant swedish and i dont know what f is doing b4 the export

Anonymous said...

Sweden sounds soo beautiful... i agree wit zai... splurge on a pair of boots... k u gotta clear up a few things about swedish ppl 4 me babe:
1. they all blond?
2. the dudes all over 6ft tall?
3. There's hardly any fat people there?
4. They racist?

in the meantime.. have a great wkend and enjoy urself...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Hope you're having a swell time - and its true things are v expensive - you take care now -

Toni Payne said...

ooooo mamacita, I am sooooooooooooooooo proud of you. Congrats on the new position. Im pretty sure you will rock!. ehenmm. so im gonna be telling everyone to watch you so a schedule is necessary. Im sure you can find a hot swedish guy.. ehem * coughs *. lol

imoted said...

Good for you t-minx. As for the man aspect, look at the good side,you are single, so you can meet a nice swedish guy. LOL. Enjoy training:))..