Friday, September 08, 2006

Leave approved

My leave has been finally approved for two weeks! Joy

I won’t be blogging on Monday, I will be sweating away at the assessment in Sweden…I didn’t do extraordinarily on my GMAT (yes I’m a just above average test scorer but an excellent worker, I like to tell myself) and they usually ask weird questions like that at these assessment centres. I’m crappy at the math part. Wish me luck. I’ll let you know how the trip went on Wednesday so check back then.

Today is theme day in my photoblog community and the theme today is FREE. Check out my interpretation FREE TO FEEL.

Customer service is non existent in Nigeria. I went to the Salon yesterday to take out my braids of two weeks which had gone terribly rough. Unlike those of you abroad that keep your braids for monthsssss lol, just kidding, I was like you once. Anyway, I got to DOWNTOWN and the dude addressed some ladies saying ‘She wan do wash and set’. That’s when it all began.

‘Wash and set ko, for peson wey neva loosen the hair sef. Infact I tell you say I still dey for here? I dey go my house. Abeg no even try am’
‘Me too I dey go house, I no dey do’.
This is what happens everytime you go to downtown so I was prepared.
I was feeling Christian like, and said ‘Aunty it won’t take long, these are big braids’
‘No oh, you know they have ban okadas after 6, it will be haaad to find transport’
‘I’ll drop you at home’
‘His not dat, I want to cook’
I thought to myself ‘Fair enough’.
So I decided I had spent my anger on the previous post and just sat there until the guy himself took care of the job.

Its not that they can’t do it, it’s how they go about the whole thing that gets on my nerves. They went on and on for another 10 minutes after all that, I just wanted to yell SHUTT UPPPP.

So have a great stress free weekend all and pray for me to do well at the centre.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you...it is well in his name.

LondonBuki said...

Good Luck!!! I'll be praying for you.

LOL @ the customer service!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hmmm, nice 4 you! Bon Voyage!

TMinx said...

@ N. Coker. Thanks oh. Amen!
@londonbuki. Thanks..lol, u just have to love them
@twam...tI know :), thanks!!

TMinx said...

@omolabake please where is it oh, I hate downtown. Theres a smaller place called Princes but they work with Nepa which is erratic. Your blog link doesnt seem to work.

Anonymous said...

You will get the job...AMEN
I think my friend applied for the same job and got to the later stages but didnt get invited to sweden (the company name starts with e?)..anyway, have a safe flight all d best

NaijaBloke said...

Good Luck!!! and have a safe trip.

ABBEY said...

good luck with the assessment lady. You should have hollerd at me for the GMAT, we could have set up some internet tutoring sessions, lol. that's my second job...

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything E..wish u the best and have a fantabulous wkend..layta.

Anonymous said...

God bless...the job is yours!!

Have a fab weekend :)

Tutsy said...

Relax!!! live a little and forget your worries....God is in control.....i believe you would come back with a testimony.

Fill us in when u get back.

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Good luck in sweden!! bring back nice pictures too :)

Anonymous said...

hey, does anyone in nigeria have any episodes of big brother nigeria recorded/taped? i am desperately searching for episodes and can't find anyone who has any. someone please respond.

Unknown said...

Good luck Dearie!!!
And have a wonderful holiday as well!!!! Looking forward toseeing loads and loads of pics from sweden n BERMUDA!!!

Lowla said...

Best Wishes!! hope Im not too late..

and thanks for the link to my blog. I just added your link to my daily blogs to visit..:)

Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

Babe dont worry the job is yours in Jesus name. enjoy ur trip and gist us when u get back

Anonymous said...

All the luck you need is yours.And please stop dissing those of us that can carry our braids for 3 months.

Christie's Corner said...

Have a nice trip and all the best.

Aramide said...

hahaha very cute...and goodluck youll be fine! xxx

zaiprincesa said...

Good Luck Taure!!!..let us know how it goes...

LondonBuki said...

Where are you?