Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Birthday Notes

SO it was my birthday yesterday. Thanks Thanks, hold the presents please. I'm officially a year older. I didn't do much other than receive phone calls, emails, cards and the likes. I also mentally created a list of those:

  • who called
  • who didn't call
  • who forgot (My father is a classic example, he doesn't suprise me anymore!)
  • who should have called but sent a text or emailed
  • those who called out of the blue
  • those who called all day!

I guess I’m only human cos after all its only a birthday but you can't help but be aware of it. Some petty peeps will keep this list all year round and only call those who called them. I on the other hand will forget this list very soon.

A few friends met up with me a Debonairs, a new pizza place in VI. There were several little kids of the Asian persuasion running around and popping balloons provided for the birthday party in the kids corner. It was an impromptu get together and that made it much more FUNNER. Thanks to Boom, the last minute small party organiser.

Moving on, so I'm going to do a quick summary of stuff happening

David Blaine has completed his week in the human fishbowl. He failed to beat the world record of 7 minutes and 10 secs for holding his breath because he passed out two minutes short. Is this guy an attention seeker or what? Who freaking cares?

Watch who you talk to on the internet. A man in Germany, Armin Meiws, has been sentenced to life for eating his internet acquaintance. His victim wanted to be eaten alive and Armin, 44, did the polite thing and respected his friends wishes.

All the housemates, bar Frank, are up for eviction. Helen left the house last week. There is a conspiracy going on. A group that identify themselves by the acronym J F C (Josephs' fan club) are using their strength in numbers to vote out all the opposition! Only in Nigeria. Also Sandy confessed her feelings to Joe in the most awkward manner, fidgeting, mincing words, pausing, joking, scratching her throat...I mean, it can't be that hard to tell a guy you like him, can it? I'm not one for emotional outbursts anyway (except in anger).

Recently, several withdrawals have been made from the excess crude account. It’s alleged that the funds have been used to bribe legislators to support the third term bid. SAY NO TO THIRD TERM. We need fresh minds and please no more recycling.

Application forms are out for the Nigerian Idol. I wonder how good this will be. The other talent shows have been crap so far. Is Simon Cowell going to be there?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

cowell u mean.
happy belated bday

Noella said...

Happy Birthday
This is really late, but I hope you had a great day, at least you sounded like you enjoyed it and you had fun. It's always cool when friends spoil you = I do that thing you do as well, make a list of those who didn't call, and those who should have called but texted. I completely refuse to call anyone on my bday, so if they get on that list, they get an earful the next day...........

TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

Happy Belated birthday!!!!!!.

TMinx said...

@anonymous Thanks for the correction. Noted.
@bentoutofshape Thank you! May day was great and this weekend should be even better. I'm sure I wouldn't mind your company! And seriously there is going to be a Nigerian Idol, but I don't know if its THE Idol
@dilch, thanks! I'll be sure to give them an earful whenever they decide to call.
@adunni, merci!

LondonBuki said...

Is it not only one day? lol!! Just playing. Happy Bday again beauriful gal. Hmmm... Big Brother is about to start in the UK so expect my posts to be about it... Nigerian Idol... are you serious?!?!?

1511th said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a fab day. Wish you all the best in everything and may God continue to guide you and grant your wishes.

so-obscure said...

Happy B/day...
May you live to the ripe age you desire...

And may your children not abandon you in an old people's home...(AMEN)

I think Blaine is only being applauded by his likes...
Because, I do not know how anyone can benefit from his feats...weird I must say!

TMinx said...

@london Buki, im serious about the Nigerian Idol, but like I said, I don't know if its like the others
@miss yq, thanks!!
@kunle, AMEN!
@toyin, those are my fabulous eyes
@so so-obscure, tell me about it. Sensless acts that benefit no one! and AMEN to your paryer, lol.

LondonBuki said...

Very distinctive (unique?) eyes there mate! I think I know who you are, let me go and look through all dem Naija Snapfish and Kodak Albums... LOL!!!

Nneka's World said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Hope you had a lovely and beautiful day

Nneka's World said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!! GOSH i've been out of blgosphere for a min and i have so much to catch up on, on your blog and other people's blog as well!

Hope you had a great day. I wish you all God's blessing and an even better yr than last yr.

Nkem said...

I didn't realise you were a day before me! Happy belated birthday.

Feyikogbon said...

I'm suprised you didn't have any comments about the "Say no to Third Term" thing. If you look at blogs by Nigerians I would say over 95% of them are about politics and I would have expected more of an outcry one way or the other. Anyway I suppose the issue is now mute as I understand that the issue had been ruled out.