Thursday, April 13, 2006

COME TO ME

I knocked and he opened. His eyes lit up when he saw me. He was warm and inviting, happy that I had finally come to see him.

He said to me, “It is good to see you. You promised you would come often, I have missed you”.

“I’m sorry”, I said, “I always mean to but something always comes up and distracts my attention”.

“I am still happy that you are here, you are always welcome. Would you like something to drink?” he asked.

“No thanks, I am deeply troubled and have come to seek your wisdom on certain matters”.

I did not notice the momentary look of hurt on his face, disappointed that I had not really come to pay him a visit.

“Seat with me, you look troubled, share your worries”.

I said to him, “I worry about my relationships; some are cold others hot, some grow cold then hot then cold. I love my neighbours but they make it difficult sometimes, like Osi, I was with her through all her trails and tribulations, I cooked for her, took care of her, and sacrificed my time and what did she do to repay me? She believed the lies of others, thinking I wish ill on her. She drove me out of her house, and I had nowhere to stay for days. Also, Mina, I loaned her so much money when she needed it. I only asked for a small amount of money and she told me she didn’t have any to spare and she turned her back on me. There are so many other incidences. These are people I gave my time to, they came to me when they were in need and now they go about their business now. They have forgotten me”.

I cried, sobbing like a babe. He cloaked me in his warmth and filled me with peace. Do not be weary in doing well for in due season, you shall reap. I sat with him as he gave me advice, I was thirsty and he filled my spirit.

And as he spoke I felt ashamed for he was my only true friend, ever faithful and always there. The one I turned to only when I was in trouble and needed help…I sat up with a start!

I said to him with tears in my eyes, “I have always treated you the same way my friends have treated me, I come to you only in times of need and yet you always welcome me with open arms. Here I am complaining that others do exactly what I do to you. How is it that you never turned your back on me?”

He replied, “Because my love for you is patient and kind, never selfish, not quick to take offense. There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and endurance”.

A mixture of emotions washed over me, shame, hope, joy, wonder. I looked at him in awe, and suddenly my problems seemed insignificant because this was the most important relationship of all and he loved me.

“Forgive me for the way I have treated you. How can I make it up to you?” I asked although in my heart I knew.

He said, “Love me with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might”.

9 comments:

Biodun said...

Nice piece

TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

That has to be GOD no question.
And how true it is. We take our troubles to him, tell him of how our friends have been treating us not realising that we've treated him exactly if not worse than our friends have treated us and we seem to have so much attention for everything else but him.
This piece bring a song to my mind (marymary's Still my child.
How true that is. Thank You GOD for who you are.

LondonBuki said...

Nice... Peaceful...

Have a nice Easter Weekend x x x

Anonymous said...

Amazingly inspiring piece, especially for someone like me who is having a day of all days, its nice to be reminded that he is always there.

Blissful Bis

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

i needed to read this :)

Anonymous said...

Nice one.

So did you just recently move to naija? And how is it going. I am planning on relocating. It's good to know others are doing the same.

TMinx said...

Thanks everyone! Hope you had a great easter

@ Anon, Nigeria has its moments but I was mentally prepared and I think thats the most important thing.

1511th said...

Thanks for sharing an amazing entry

NoLimit said...

amazing piece!I hope you're totally with Him now? bless your heart...