Monday, August 06, 2007

YO!

Everybody's doing the brand new dance nowww, common baby do the locomotion......

This song reminds me of days with Dirty dancing, Grease, Breakdance (the movie).....easy days!

When we were really young, my dad used to record MTV when he travelled and then we would jut sit and watch all the old tapes over and over again. There was one song we really like 'You talk too much, you never shut up! Hey you over there, I know about your type, you're like the independent network news on Channel 9, everywhere that you go, no matter where you are at, I say you talk about this and you talk about that!' Lol, I still remember the rap.

There was Paula Abdul singing 'Rush rush, hurry hurry lover come to meeeeee' and Madonna singing 'Cherish is the word I use to remind me ooofff, your looooove'.. and Scary Grace Jones with the unique haircut and weird videos....and Eurythymics with 'Sweet dreams are made of these or Heaven must be missing an angel'

But then some of the VHS tapes got dirty. Also the househelp, Joy, used to hide some in the bathroom under the pipes and when we found them...there was mould all over.

I'm still waiting for my new camera to arrive, hope your week started off on a good note :).

OOOOHH I found the video for SHUT UP!! Don't you just love Youtube!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO FOR SHUT UP, ME AND MY SIBLINGS FAV SONG YEARRRRS AGO :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tminx,

Can't believe im first. Yay!!! now let me go and read wat u're up to !!!

LondonBuki said...

I know this song but I don't remember the lyrics AT ALL!

My friends' dad used to do the same - Bring back 20+ Videos with shows, music videos, everything... that's where I watched the, "Kayo is your mennn" Living Singles Episode... haha!

Enjoy your week.

Damola said...

hey this vid just reminds me of the good old days...yea right, like am that old. anyways it does, i just can faintly remember the lyrics and the video as well but its quite nice tho.

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

Tminxy, you are an 80s chile. It's good sha. My dad's italian friend used to bring us taped shows. He brought us the original pink panther movie.

Anonymous said...

my dad did the same thing wen he travelled..but with the radio..he would record songs from radio stations and all...and we would all be listebning to it wen he came back to 9ja i can still remeber those songs!aaaww childhood!lol!

princesa said...

Yea, Easy days!

J Lof said...

Yep, those were the good old days my parents think they are mighty cool when they start getting down to oldies. I'm still trying to learn the Yahoo dance, I was at a party this weekend and thats what everyone was dancing, it was so crazy.

Idemili said...

I remember Paula Abdul.

Noni Moss said...

Ahh - I remember the songs and I remember being in England the summer that Kylie song was out and going to play school where I learnt the choregraphy to the song. Loll - I think I still remember it!

Jennifer A. said...

lollll....the song sure does remind me of GREASE. Is it just me, or do u NOT get tired of all these oldies??? I just love them...they were innocent in a very silly way! Unlike modern music of today...

"Come on baby, do the locomotion...

Jennifer A. said...

my dad's best song is "Hey Jude, don't make it bad..."

Rinsola said...

i remember watching taped musical videos from my uncle then, but now he's passed it on to me....i'm guilty of taping shows, and recording songs played from different radio stations. Get ur blog-vite from me page, but don't come empty handed.

Allied said...

Those were the days... (lovely days they were)

Miss Opeke said...

That was my jam...Kai! we don old o

kokolette said...

@ the 1st anonymous....weird!
ok, so you're 1st but you could be anybody!...lawl
this post reminds me of leggings and cock shoe days!
memories...

Anonymous said...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/08/06/interracial.dating.ap/index.html

Check it out o....interesting article

Uzo said...

Cant wait for you to get your camera back...My earliest memories of Locomotion are from The Cosby Show when Vanessa and her friends try to do a risque dance to it so they can shoot a video of sorts....Fabulously funny

LurLar said...

Gone are those days.........but still the memories remains strong....Nice Blog!!!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I remember...Just like chocolate milk all over Ice cream! I wanna pour myself all over you! and FAME! I'm gonna live forever...I'm gonna learn how to fly, high! LOL at our old memories...