Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Long Weekend

I've made up my mind and am sorry to disappoint some of you guys who would love to go but can't but on principle, I just can't go. Can you believe that I can buy a return ticket to Accra and buy a VIP ticket and it would still be cheaper and safer than going in Lagos? Granted not all the stars will be going to Accra as well but the important ones will be there.

The venue is Polo club where Usher was manhandled and I'm sure, for that reason, will never return to Nigeria. The horses would have crapped all over the floor and area boys will be waiting for you when you come out. Hopefully they'll beef up security. Being anywhere other than VIP is pointless because I won’t be able to take pictures seeing as I don’t have a powerful zoom lens yet.

Good news is that I have a friend who is going... so Nosa, I'll get those pics for you! By hook or by crook.

Happy Independence day in arrears Nigerians. How did you celebrate in your part of town? There were two weddings and one birthday on the same day and then we went clubbing. Seems like an Independence Day party was held at the boat club and we saw the fireworks from Swe bar at the city mall at 12am.

There was also an independence day beach party at a private beach which I didn’t go to. I spent Sunday evening having drinks for a friend’s birthday at Lacasa which is so different on a Sunday eve...much nicer and calmer. I had to go...couldn't disappoint my friend.

Monday was a public holiday so I took a holiday from writing too. Looks like our prayers worked for Adaure. He never fails. Now let’s keep praying for Buki’s mum.

Happy birthday in arrears to Miss Y in Atlanta, Kappa, Benita and Nigeria!!

Oh yeah, this weekend Nigeria beat the Guiness book of record champions for the dancethon category, where a lot of people danced for over 52 hour with only 5 min breaks every hour. The show was featured live on Silverbird TV the whole time. Quite interseting..some ppl have stamina sha. I would have dropped after like 6 hours of non stop dancing. Congrats to the dancers. See THISDAY

16 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Personally, I think that's a wise decision. It will be PACKED!

I celebrated Independence Day by going to church and then seeing my Mummy :-) Thanks for the prayers and I know the Almighty God is answering them... Amen

Enjoy your week TMinx x

nosa101 said...

i am waiting sha :)

Anonymous said...

oh my... I miss lagos sooo much today...
Everywhere I look..something reminds me....when I go back I dont know if I will be able to keep all my 'no going out' resolutions...

about the thisday thingey, i feel u...polo club no no...after the usher and eve incident..no way...anyways girl..ciao!

Anonymous said...

tminx, u really shoulda signed up for the danceathon now that i dwell on it, we wulda been splitting the proceeds by now, u so wulda beat that dancer girl; original dancing spiritttttttt!!!! i hail oh.

by the by, some1 is cracking jokes and i think its those GT Bank peeps, abi is that not where the tickets are supposed to be sold??? why then was my bro's friend told by a bank clerk that they had never seen the tickets/hadn't heard of the gig/wot on earth was he goin on about?

nosa101 said...

somebody should gist me on this dance marathon thingy

Anonymous said...

POLO CLUB!! ewww...R they trying to have a robbery/rape fest?..Well, lets just hope things so smoothly. But it'll still rock sha...Im missin naija like mad oh!...kai!..T Minx, so u r givin them Accra abi??..Big gurl stuvvs..lol...either which way, have fun chica!

Biodun said...

Dancing for 56hours!! dang they tried, glad u had a nice weekend. Mine was fun too, didnt do any independent day stuff though. Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

Its a fitting indepence Day gift to Nigeria!! I am glad that for once something positive came out of Nigeria!! Glad to hear they broke the world record!! At least its not the world record for sending out the most '419' mails in the entire universe!! I trust my people!! Anywhere there is $$ to be made, there will always be stamina but am glad they triumphed.

Check out the Independence post on my blog!! Entrance to the festivities is free!! Dont miss it!!

Anonymous said...

Usher was man-handled in Nigeria???

Noella said...

Please, what happened to Usher in Nigeria oh, I never heard that jist???
It sounds dangerous to me sha, and whats up with private beaches in nigeria, never heard that before, na wah oh

Anonymous said...

Dilichi you obviously haven't been home in ages!!! EVERYONE has private beaches now, the new thing is for people to throw parties at their beach houses on thier private beaches.

Polo club members get 1 free VIP ticket.That sucks!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhh.anyway its ur money.spend it wisely

Anonymous said...

Enlighten ya boy, what happened to Usher and Eve at the Polo Club... I didn't here about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh i meant I didn't hear about it

TMinx said...

I wasn't here when they came but I heard bottles were thrown, attempts were made to grab his Ice and security was terrible. Poor Chap.

Aramide said...

haha thats impressive...the dancers, ehn so ru goin for jayz - 100k?