Friday, July 06, 2007

HOME!

Click to see a larger picture

Designed by- Jeremy Weate, a blogger in Nigeria too. Wouldn't you just love it if this existed? Great job Jeremy! Saw this on his blog a while back and again on Monas blog.

I have begun my journey home! Right now I'm in London and it took me about 5 hours to get home from the time we landed in Heathrow airport ...someone under the train ...train derailment...and  to top it off, the weather was miserable and it rained all over my newly done hair. Oh well, life goes on. 

I didn't realise that you were only allowed to carry one piece of luggage when travelling from London to any other destination (just one, no hand luggage..nothing), although you can have 2 pieces and hand luggage when coming to London. How does that make sense? I have all this 'load' from people sending stuff from Sweden to Nigeria and more than one piece of luggage...Now I have to try and sort out what to do with it. Dilemma....why do I always say yes!

One suitcase is at left baggage in heathrow, I can't be hauling load around the place. I'll think about that on the day I have to travel, I can't worry myself right now. I'm even scared to shop so I don't have too many more things to carry...but its tempting. The sales here are crazy! Maybe I'll indulge in one or two items :).

There's this guy renting one of the rooms here and I don't quite get his accent. It's a mixture of South London and Nigerian Yoruba and Igbo. "You grew up in NAgeria YE?..Its NAT eezzy blad"...Say what? Lol. I say something to him just so he can respond and chat some more so I can laugh later YE.

Yuwee, thanks for singing True Love for me lol, you are a clown, I promise I wil call. Thanks to everyone who left comments about the True Love spread, especially the irate anonymous person on bellas blog, there always has to be one right? Saying bitchy stuff doesn't bother me, the saying goes; what cant kill you.....

Okay I'm off to hit the West end, I will not buy anything, I will not buy anything, I will not buy anything........

31 comments:

LondonBuki said...

I just know I am FIRST!!! I know it!

LondonBuki said...

You see TMinx yeah, when you're in London yeah... you have to do as Londoners do yeah... Innit though????

Yes bladdddd.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

wagawon..blad.. too funny, so I will have to wait for you to get back. Hope you have mad fun over there. Mising ya already.

Anonymous said...

Hiiya Tminxxx, I reallly love your blog!!!

Welcome to London... the horrible weather, train delays et al... ENJOY!!!!

The sales are a compensation though.

Aramide said...

so ure in our neck of the woods ;o) ;o)

Dimples said...

LOL...LB...bladdd...as in really why now??

Anyways E...how long u around for?...we should really see your fine face again o....

Loving that Lagos tube map...seen a few in the past....and there has been no link what so ever...like AJ City right next to Lekki...as in really how???

Enjoy yourself jare...have loads of fun!!!...apologies for the Jand weather..Wimbeldon has started...lol

Please abeg don't waste your time with those bored anonymous commenters...**hiss**


Have a FAB weekend all!!!

Uzo said...

Better buy me something jare.......LOL

AIVY said...

yeah right, no shopping ko, no shopping ni...

AIVY said...

love your blog...

Anonymous said...

Hello u!

RE the luggage info check with your airline.... BA for example will enforce the 'one piece of luggage' rule from September, but 2 pieces will still be allowed to specific countries, Nigeria included....
As far as I'm aware the 'no hand luggage' rule is not in existence. You are allowed one piece of hand luggage from london.

B x

BiMbyLaDs** said...

lol@ LB.. clown...
lol Tminx..ur in owr zone?? niceeeeeeeeeee

Mimi said...

lol maybe i'd jam you in west end and take a picture of your messy hair and post it just for the fun of it :) oh the joys of being anonymous! welcome to LANDIN, BLAD!

zaiprincesa said...

U this world traveler..i sooo envy you..Try not too shop too much sha....Have fun!!!

O. said...

look at you! shopaholic in the making!!!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

see you.... about to become a shopaholic!!! :)

Allied said...

so? Did u buy something? Hehe

Sisbee said...

Know you bought something.

Chxta said...

It would be in the interest of global peace and security for you to make contact. My email address is chxta@hotmail.com. Expecting your call.

Azuka said...

So how many times did you break your resolution?

temmy tayo said...

Minx dearie, it is a piry i am not in london at the moment. I heard the weather sucks. pele.

Will be in lagos for another week, maybe we can hook up. Wetin u go con do about the bags now, eeya. LOl.

Make sure u dont buy anything at the westend o.

TMinx said...

Back home and i so broke the resolution lol. Thanks to the anonymous with a tip about the luggage. You were right..one piece of HAND luggage. Thanks :)

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

welcome back!

princesa said...

Welcome back home! Hope u indulged yourself and bought some nice things.

Anonymous said...

Hey T-MINX,

I am such in AWE!!! i think i saw you at the Red and Yellow party in London? I only recognised you from your interview photo. But I didn't want to do the whole psycho-fan-meets-celebrity-and-is-blabing thing so I left you to enjoy yourself. I'm not worthy!!! LOL

The weather just got better here. Hope you're loving your time in Lagos.
xxx

NikkiSab said...

wOw!!!!! U lucky lady!!! hope u av fun dere and em.... its not a bad idea to show ur 9ja sis luv with some £££££. Wat shops r on sales?? I wan touch dat side for august.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Is it possible? is it possible? go to the west end and not be tempted!!!i will like to hear the end of the w end visit.

Unknown said...

Baby...Thanks for the shout out!!!! Just this morning I was like Dude wuss happening to my cousin?? Loll. Have a safe trip back home. Muah!

Unknown said...

Talk about HITS!... phew

Waffarian said...

Hi guys! A new series is about to start on my blog. Its called " The professional player" and is based on true life events, its crazy and involves me and one of our fellow bloggers! Don't miss it!

Parental advisory: EXPLICIT CONTENT.

AbujaBabe said...

lol at the funny south london accent..lol it's hilarious.

Me and my sisters are always taking the piss when we phone each other were like.. Hello plz how are you plz ..i'm alrite innit..lol

It's so funny!..

When i saw the tube map on Jeremys Page i was like wow!! If only!!
There was talk some time back about building a metro in Abuja..

I hope you had fun in London!

Ciao..xx

Unknown said...

Did u survive the west end and not really but anything? Imposible.... LOL!!

Did a double take when I saw the tube map. It would be nice if that was a reality. Power failure by PHCN while on the tube, underground at 'law school' or 'falomo' wouldnt be funny at all. (smile)