Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Doctors Quarters


A new Nigerian show with great reviews just started on the one and only monopoly known as DStv on the M-net Channel. Doctors Quarters features Kate Henshaw-Nuttall, Kayode Ogunyemi, Kiru, Peter Aziza and Preere Yibowei. The script is like a typical ER script with an emergency due to a 'danfo' accident as well as stories surrounding the lives of the students, but trust me a long way off. I loved it though; Nigerian series can only get better. We didn't get the typical screams of MODARAN OH or MO FE PAMIIII or CHINEKE OHHHH when a woman's son passed away, for example. I’m glad I didn’t have to cover my face in shame since the whole of Africa was watching. It’s filmed by South Africans’ but the scenes are very Nigerian. Lets see what the next one, Fuji house of commotion, with Chief, his three wives and uncountable children, has to offer!

I miss my baby sisterrrrrr. I really hope she is coping because according to my mother sending her to that school was a real baptism by fire....No visiting days, no 'provisions', nothing! Suddenly the house is quite quiet, there’s no whining here or tantrums there or threatening or frustrating the house help; just peace and quiet. Kinda boring if I must say so myself.

This weird dude who works in my building asked me for a favor today..''Since you are in procurement, I have a favor to ask''. Pray tell me what this favor is, I thought to myself but said, ''Sure, go ahead'',...and he said, wait for it....''You said you are in procurement right?'', ''I need you to please procure our babies''!!! I was dumbfounded and flabbergasted! What are chat-up lines coming to these days? This young man really thought I would whoop with joy at the thought of having babies for him. Why do Nigerian guys think the promise of marriage and babies is enticing? It’s no more enticing than being asked to jump in a smelly pond full of leeches and frogs. Not that I don’t want to get married someday but asking me to, especially when I only met you once, will not make me fall for you niccu.

I went for a Yoruba baby naming ceremony. Trust them to have a serious party for every occasion. I had a baby, come parry, my old dad died, come parry, I won the lottery, OWAMBEEEEE. Lolll. You just have to love the party spirit cos I have the bug as well. Anyways the baby was named Precious (and they say eastern people give their kids funny names), and at the end you are apparently supposed to drop a token fee for the mother. You learn something new every day huh?

My older baby sis is 19 today! Wow she is growing up so fast. She’s one beautiful ebony lass. I have to get my bat ready to beat those horny guys down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TaureanMinx,

May be you will have to marry that ur Lil sis, whom you are saving...

Q'dance said...

whatever happened to you, no updates? hey ya and its a nice blog hen!
pls spring up from your bed bcos there is no time to waste, you can make it happen again. wow two years is a long time o, who knows whatever else happened to you.