Sunday, May 25, 2008

Detox Day 2- Mo Gbono Feli Feli

Basically a detox is a dietary regimen involving a change in consumption habits in an attempt to detoxify the body, by removal of toxins or other contaminants. Proponents claim it improves health, energy, resistance to disease, mental state, digestion, as well as aiding in weight loss - Wiki

The author of the Lemonade diet goes on to further state that it can cure all diseases (even allergies which I have as well) because diseases are caused mainly by our diet and improper elimination of toxins. It also gives the digestive system a rest since its not processing any food and in turn the body can focus on healing itself.

There's a lot of controversy surrounding the Lemonade diet but I'm going to give it a go to see what the hullabaloo is all about. The only problem I see is that I'm definitely going to lose weight which I can't avoid since I'm not eating. Hopefully I'll gain it all back when I return to normal eating. I hope I don't look like a scare crow. I don't have a scale so I can't measure the weight loss and that doesn't matter to me anyway.

What I want from this diet
1) A healthy digestive system
2) A healthy Liver (no more right side pains)
3) No allergies

All I needed were Organic Lemons, Spring Water ( I got Bottled water. I can't read Romanian). Maple Syrup (I got raw Cane Sugar, I can also use Molasses but they don't have that or maple syrup in any of the stores I've been to), Cayenne Pepper, Sea salt and a senna tea.

The recipe

2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice (approx. ½ lemon)
2 Tablespoons genuine maple syrup (Cane Sugar in this case)
1/10 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
Water

Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz glass (2 Litres) and fill with medium - hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred.)

MORE INFORMATION

And then proceed to drink it alllllll day lol. Yesterday was fine, I didn't feel hungry and if I thought about food, I would just have a glass of lemonade. I was still feeling the pain in my side a little and I didn't take my allergy pills so sneezed a few times but all in all it was a relatively easy day. The Lemonade tastes pretty nice, I can't really taste the Cayenne pepper but I won't add more. I drank about seven to eight glasses the whole day and went about my normal activities. I started on a weekend so I wouldn't get too tired on the first few days since I wasn't actually working.

There's another yucky yucky aspect to the Master cleanse- The salt water flush meant to actually flush out the toxins. Last night I drank the Senna tea which has mild laxative effects and then this morning I drank the salt water. For a little while, I thought nothing was going to happen for a little while but it worked which was a relief. There are more details here- Salt Water Flush or on google. Be warned, nastiness at its best lol.

I woke early and refreshed with a lot of energy, so I cleaned the whole flat up, spoke to my sister and aunts and did my laundry all before 8am. Trust me its not been done too many Saturday mornings lol. Right now its midday and I'm still on my Lemon crack and not feeling hungry. I didn't wake up with allergic swollen eyes and I haven't sneezed, also my side is less sore, I guess because I haven't eaten anything to upset my insides. Oh and Wiki says the cures may be due to a placebo effect....as far as I'm okay its all good!

My only issue now is how I'm going to explain to my colleagues at work, that I'm not doing lunch the whole of next week!

Going to the supermarket for more water and lemons. Lets see if the pollen attacks.

Oh, Dbanj is hotter than youuuuu.

I would like to point out that from my reading, a lot of Medical Doctors do not agree that there are any benefits in Detoxing, or that they are temporary. There is a bit of controversy about the diet so be warned before you may decided whether or not its for you.

8 comments:

Lowla said...

I actually do the Lemonade diet, but I'm not consistent:( I've got got like this mini kitchen in my drawer at work..lol lol
I intend to go for the Colonic cleansing, but I've not be serious about it, but I would go.
I used to love milk soo much but now I find out I am beginning to dislike the taste. and LOL.. I think my coworkers are now used to me skipping lunch..

TMinx said...

You mean when they shove something up you??? Lol, I'm still not so sure about that but I read it has its benefits...its just so yuckkyyyy lol.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

hmm... Tminx... a couple of my friends have done it... although most dont seem to last the whole 2wks... the effects are temporary.. your tongue will become white...

this "mo gbono fele" stuff... ive seen a couple of ppl put it up as their status on fb... is this part of a song or what? cuz alot of ppl seem to be saying it these days...

TMinx said...

Hey Diamond..it the song playing right now on my page. Dbanj's (mo hit)new song. Listen and see if you like.

I know my tongue will turn white but then it'll turn pink to indicate all the toxins have left around the 10th day. Lets see if I can last till then. Today is not a good day.

Sonshine said...

Babe, can't wait to find out your state of mind after day ten!!! lol!!!

Anonymous said...

want to try this detox thing but im a bit worried because im studying for exams at the moment. just wondering how ur concentration level has been since u started?im so keen to start but i dnt want to go and faint in the exam room! love reading ur blog

TMinx said...

Hmm..Flo I think you should do this after your exams. You don't want to be dealing with any changes in your body or stuff like that while you are trying to study so I say...hold off till after the exams.

For me, my concentration has been fine and I wake up early with no issues and I have a lot of energy but some other people have been tired or hungry through the whoe thing.

Anonymous said...

guess you are right, i'll hold on till then. thanks